Do you use Avalara to rate taxes? If so, the CIMcloud base platform has direct integration with Avalara. Avalara can be used on the website to calculate tax rates for existing and/or anonymous customers during the checkout process. This article is going to walk through what is needed on the Avalara end and the steps to complete on setup on CIMcloud.
Prep – Avalara Credentials
Before starting setup on CIMcloud, you will need to obtain the following information from Avalara:
- Avalara Account Number
- Avalara License Key
- The following link will provide additional information on how to obtain a license key.
- Avalara Company Code
- In most cases, the Company Code will match the Company code used in the ERP system.
How to setup Avalara on the website:
- Login to the worker portal as an admin customer who has access to the application settings
- Navigate to Settings Workspaces > System-Wide Settings > Application Settings
- Click “Avalara” on the left rail of the application settings
- Enter Avalara credentials and post page
- Avatax Account #
- License Key
- Company Code
- If all credentials are entered, a button for “Test Credentials” will display in the top-right corn of the page.
- Click “Test Credentials”
- if Success, setup is complete
- If a Success message is not returned verify the Avalara credentials added match what is in Avalara. If this does not work, submit a task to Extranet for additional support.
The following process outlines how to test the Avalara integration. These testing steps should be completed after the initial setup or if any changes are made to the Avalara credentials. This assumes the items in prep and setup have been completed.
- Create a test order on the eCommerce portion of the site
- Navigate to the payment page
- Select a shipping address that has a corresponding tax rate in Avalara
- Verify the tax rates returned on the payment page match what is expected in Avalara
- Complete order
- Verify order syncs to ERP system and tax information on order displays as expected