This article reviews the DM2 Notification Bundle and what users with the bundle can expect. This bundle only works in conjunction with the DM2 Weblink Notifications, Sage100 add-on. The DM2 Weblink Notifications purchase and set-p in Sage100 is not handled by CIMcloud and is assumed to be installed and working in Sage for this CIMcloud bundle to function. There is additional set-up need on the Sage side to link with CIMcloud as noted below and this coordination with DM2/PDI will be handled by the Sage owner and not CIMcloud. Note: DM2 is now part of PDI.
This bundle allows documents created from Sage and stored by the Sage owner to be available for retrieval by the customer from the CIMcloud platform from several different locations as described below. These documents can include:
AR Statements (PDF)
SO invoices (PDF)
Wholesale Price Quotes (PDF)
CL Price Quotes (PDF)
CL invoices (PDF)
AR EFT Notifications (TXT)
Dealer Credit Card Batch Notices (TXT)
What a Customer Sees
The customer will have a dedicated Notifications page accessible from the landing page and menu:
This takes the user to a page where they see all of their account’s notifications links. CIMcloud stores these as links to the documents. The documents remain on the Sage owner’s designated server. By clicking on the link the document will open up in the browser where the document can be viewed, downloaded, or printed.
The document opens in a new browser window:
In addition notification associated with a particular invoice will be linked from the invoice detail page.
What a CRM Worker Sees
Workers with CRM workspace access will have access to a notifications page from the home page and the menu:
From this page the worker will have access to all notification for the accounts they have access to.
General information on Weblink:
Since this process is not owned by CIMCloud there may be differences in current versions. Contact DM2/PDI for current details.
In Sage the operator will initially setup a customer to receive the Weblink notifications through the standard Outbox Contacts Maintenance screen in the A/R Customer Maintenance function. (A/R Customer Maintenance Outbox Contacts button). The following screen will be displayed for any Outbox-enabled document type:
The operator will select the desired Document Type. Then set recipient type to “Weblink” and click [OK].
Weblink can be combined with email/fax recipient types for the same document.
Once a customer is setup for Weblink, Sage will consider the customer an electronic delivery customer for that document and will not print the document to a printer.
How to Use:
During the normal printing routines, Weblink notifications will be generated automatically at the time you see the “Exporting to Outbox” notification window.
- The PDF/TXT file is written to the specified network folder
- Sample file name:
- A record is written to the OBWxxx.soa table.
- If there is an active internet connection and the portal is operational, then the OBW notification record is immediately posted to the CIMcloud.
- Should the communication fail, OBW retains the record and attempts to resend the next time notifications are generated
How it Works with CIMcloud
1 – Sage owner installs the DM2 Weblinks Notifications module
After working with DM2/PDI to install Weblinks (see some general information below on Weblinks), The Sage owner will need to make sure that the documents are stored in a shared/public folder so they can be linked to from CIMCloud. The Sage owner will need to provide:
- Shared drive, accessible from MAS, to write PDF/TXT files to
- On the backend, the DM server will need to place the appropriate files in the share
- Example \\servername\shared folder
- URL to access that shared drive location from the outside world
- URL needs to be HTTPS
- Example https://remote.companyname.com/shared folder
- Directory listing should be disabled
- Place a PDF file in this location so permissions can be tested through the link
- External IP of MAS server for WSP firewall
2 – Sage owner purchases the CIMCloud Notifications Bundle
When the DM2 Notifications bundle is purchased CIMcloud will:
- Turn on the pages noted above
- Set up API authorization for DM2 notifications to be posted to CIMcloud
- Whitelist Sage owner IP addresses from servers generating the push notification
- Send Sage owner full push url from DM2/PDI to set up to push the notifications. These urls can vary based on the specific site and will contain a website and API key specific to the website.
Using this information the Sage owner will in the OB program folder, install the OBWLIB-xxx.opt file (which is similar to an INI file) received from programming (where xxx equals the company code). This contains the connection information for the client’s shared folder and the web portal.
PDFURLBASE$ : The client’s URL address to the shared drive
PDFWEBBASE$: The client’s UNC path to the shared drive
WEBLINK_URL$: The web portal’s URL address
WEBLINK_URLPATH$: The web portal’s URL subdirectory for the notifications
WEBLINK_SECURE: 0 = http, 1 = https
Sample Post to CIMCloud:
Content-Type = “application/x-www-form-urlencoded”
Charset = “utf-8”
<nm>Sample Invoice Report</nm>
<ds>DEALER #: WSP100-01</ds>
3 – Sage Owner Sets Up and Tests Notification Push
After all the above is complete Notifications should flow to the CIMcloud and display.