The ERP Sync Configuration Questionnaire needs to be filled out and sent back to CIMcloud so we can complete the standard deployment of the CIMcloud Sync Tool. This questionnaire includes a list of choices you can make that determine how data is synced between your ERP system and CIMcloud. This includes things like 1) default fields to set on Sales Orders being imported into the ERP, 2) filters to apply to customers, products, warehouses, etc that sync from the ERP to CIMcloud, 3) choices on how cash receipts are imported for online invoice payments, etc.
Role Responsible (for This Task)
The role responsible for completing this questionnaire is the “ERP / Financial Data (& Business Process) Expert”. For details on this role, and many other critical roles, involved implementing the CIMcloud platform and operating your solution, go to Critical Roles (Job Functions) By Implementation Stage.
More Details About The ERP Sync
These articles provide more details on CIMcloud’s ERP sync tool and install process.
- ERP Sync Tool Install Overview
- Standard Data Synced Between CIMcloud and Sage 100
- ERP Sync Tool (ERP Driver) Technical Details
Server Requirements for Hosting CIMcloud Sync Tool
The CIMcloud Sync Tool that moves data between the ERP and CIMcloud platform typically runs on the server hosting the ERP system but at a minimum must be on the same network. The following are the minimum server requirements as listed in Complete The ERP Sync Tool Pre-Install Checklist
- Windows 2012 R2 SP1 or greater
- Two Dual-core processors
- 2GB of RAM memory
- 5GB of hard disk space on the drive that holds Windows
Note: this is required for the Microsoft .NET 4.0 framework and swap space for XML files
- The CIMcloud ERP Sync Tool must be installed on the same server that is running the ERP system
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or greater( This only applies if you are using Sage 100 Premium)
- Your ERP vendor may require a newer version of Windows or SQL Server than the versions above.
Sage’s Supported Platform Matrices, which includes Windows and SQL Server versions, can be found here: https://support.na.sage.com/selfservice/viewdocument.do?externalId=47649
Actions Needed By You
Take the following actions to complete this step in the deployment process.
- Download the questionnaire below
- Complete the questionnaire and send it back to your CIMcloud Customer Success Manager