This article provides details on how our proprietary ERP Sync Tool standard connector tracks data changes in Sage 100 and how our customers can ensure data updated in bulk is synced to their CIMcloud platform.
The intended audience for this article is CIMcloud customers using Sage 100 and our ERP Sync Tool standard connector and configurations.
How ERP Sync Tool Tracks Data Changes
The ERP Sync Tool monitors two fields inside of Sage 100 to track when data is updated:
These fields are automatically updated with the date and time stamp of when that data record was modified when using the standard user interface inside of Sage 100.
When a data record is synced from Sage 100 to your CIMcloud platform, the most recent date and time updated is captured on that record. This allows the ERP Sync Tool look for any records with a date and time stamp that is more recent than the current data record in your CIMcloud platform’s database. For a list of the standard Sage 100 data tables that the ERP Sync Tool tracks via the DateUpdated and TimeUpdated fields, see “Standard Tracking Data Tables” below.
Bulk Data Changes in Sage 100
There are tools and processes that can be used in Sage 100 that do not, by default, update the DateUpdated and TimeUpdated fields. These tools are typically used to make bulk data updates where the standard user interface is not utilized. A common example we see used by our customers is Visual Integrator to create a batch job (VI job) in which pricing data is updated in bulk. Other examples include but are not limited to:
- Matching credits to open invoices
- Batch inventory updates
- Processing purchase orders
- Applying sales promotions
When these tools/processes are used that do not update the DateUpdated and TimeUpdated fields, the ERP Sync Tool will not recognized the change leading to delays in this data syncing to your CIMcloud platform. Therefore, when using a bulk data update tool/process in Sage 100, please take additional steps to ensure that data is properly synced to the website.
Steps to Take When Updating Data in Bulk
- (Recommended) Alert our Technical Support team to a planned data update in Sage by entering a ticket in Extranet.
- This will allow our team to run an automatic refresh of the data being updated, which will sync the data regardless of the date and time stamp.
- In the ticket please note what data will be changed and when, the tool/process being used, and that you are requesting a full data export/refresh.
- Confirm the tool / process used updates the DateUpdated and TimeUpdated fields to the date and time when the update is completed. It is important to confirm these fields were updated and then confirm the changes were synced to your CIMcloud platform.
Standard Tracking Data Tables
The following is a list of Sage 100 tables that utilize the DateUpdated and TimeUpdated fields for change tracking.
- AR_Customer (customers)
- SO_ShipToAddress (shipping addresses)
- AR_InvoiceHistoryHeader (invoice headers)
- AR_TransactionPaymentHistory (payments)
- AR_openInvoice (payments on open invoices/balances)
- SO_SalesOrderHistoryHeader (sales order headers)
- IM_PriceCode (product pricing overrides)
- CI_Item (products)
For questions regarding the information above, please enter a ticket in Extranet so that our team can provide further assistance.