The Coupon Manager features, including coupon classes and advanced features, enables you to create electronic coupons that can be added in the shopping cart by users.
- Base Coupons: allows for percentage and fixed dollar amount discounts, which can be applied to the Order Total, Product Total, or Shipping Total.
- Advanced Coupons: allows for all the base functionality mentioned above, but adds the ability to set up per customer and per product filets on coupons.
- Coupon Classes: allows for you to create product groupings (or “classes”) that are affiliated with a specific coupon.
What a Customer Sees
On the payment page, customers will have the ability to apply a coupon to order.
When a user enters a coupon code, they will be notified if the coupon is valid and the amount discounted from the order based on coupon settings. Valid coupons will have the following display.
If a user completes an order, a confirmation email will be sent to the customer for the order. The contents of the order confirmation email will include details on the coupon.
What a Worker Sees
If a coupon is applied to an order, a worker will see the coupon information when viewing an online order.
- Only 1 coupon can apply to an order
A worker can complete the following steps to enable the coupon features.
- Navigate to “Settings Workspace” > “System-Wide Settings” > “Application settings”
- Click “Features” > “Quote / Ordering” and a list of application settings will display
- Scroll down to section “Merchandising Tools”
- On feature “Abandoned Order/Cart Email” toggle the default status to “ON”
Adding a coupon class to a product
Each product can be assigned a Coupon Class on the product add-edit page. Running a ctrl+f for “Coupon Class” will bring up the Coupon Class input. The input on the product page is a text input, avoid using spaces for best results.
Assigning Coupon Classes to a Coupon
After the Coupon Class has been added to the product, the Class can be assigned to the coupon. The Discount Basis should be set to Per Product. The Manage Product List By should be set to Coupon / Product Classes. The modal will display a list of Coupon Classes that have been added to the products. Once configured, only the products in the assigned Coupon Class or Classes will be eligible for the coupon discount.
Test Coupon Classes
- Add an item with an assigned coupon class to your cart
- Navigate to the payment page
- Apply the coupon that has that coupon class on it
- A discount will apply to that item
- Add an item to your cart that is not in the coupon class
- The discount should remain the same when you add the coupon on the payment page, because it is only applying to the classes on the coupon.