This document provides and explains a sample project tracking tool that the Project Manager and Lead Operator can use to manage a Live Version Update project on the CIMcloud platform. It also includes a walk-through explanation video of the tool, including context on why the different parts of the tool can be useful.
Project Tracking Tool (Example) Template
The project tracking tool template includes:
- Simple tools for issue collection and tracking + task / to do tracking
- An overall Project Plan (checklist of process stages and steps)
- A sample Test Checklist (that can be used as a starting point to build your checklist)
- A sample Product-User text Matrix Checklist
- A sample Go Live Checklist
This is a link to the example tool in a Google Sheet format. You can download a copy of this template to excel by click File > Download (then pick your format).
Video Explanation of Tool and Process
Who Does This Apply To?
In short, every CIMcloud customer that is about to go through a minor or major version update.
This tool (and the associated video) was designed to lower the risk of a the version update process. It was designed with large / heavy adoption customers in mind (i.e. CIMcloud customers that have heavy adoption / usage of the CIMcloud platform). It is a comprehensive approach designed to snuff out issues during the preparation stages, so the go live stage is much more likely to go smoothly.
A scaled back approach could be considered (but the same core steps apply) if your tolerance for unintended issues (associated with a change like a major version update) is higher.
The following articles provide additional context on the Live Version Update process and CIMcloud environments.
- Version Update Process
- Platform Version Update Basics
- CIMcloud Environments Overview
- Big 3 Roles / Hats
- Program Manager Role
- Project Manager Role
- Lead Implementer (Operator) Role