This article serves as a “quick reference” guide to help center articles specifically created to help CIMcloud customers successfully complete a Classic-to-Current “Migration” project.
Who Is This Reference Guide For?
Whether you’re in the middle of your migration project (and looking to confirm or refine your approach) or just getting started, these materials can help you improve your overall migration project experience.
The “Backbone” Article
The Classic-to-Current Migration Process article serves as the backbone help center article for your overall migration project. All other articles listed below are included (directly or indirectly) in the Migration Process article.
Quick Links To Key Help Center Articles
This is a simple list of the key help center articles, organized by topic, specifically created for migration projects.
Defining Your Migration Project / Goals
Key Things to Expect
- Key Things To Expect On Your Migration (Classic-to-Current) Project
- The CIMcloud Platform Overview
- Key Differences (Current vs. Classic) That May Impact Your Work
- Feature Take-Aways (Current vs. Classic)
Planning Your Project & Timeline
- The Classic-to-Current Migration Process (From Reserving Your Spot to Going Live)
- Migration (Classic-to-Current) Lead-Times
- Migration (Classic-to-Current) Start Date Schedule (Waves) and Next Steps
- [Optional] Soft Launch (Gradual Rollout) Go Live Strategy
Understanding Your Content/Data Management Work
- Content Management Time Periods (Sequence Diagrams) for Migrations (Classic-to-Current)
- Content (Data, Images, Files) Migration and Ongoing Management
Onboarding Your Three (3) Key People / Roles
- Migration (Classic-to-Current) Orientation Checklist
- Program Manager (Migration) Onboarding Checklist
- Project Manager (Migration) Onboarding Checklist
- Implementer (Migration) Onboarding Checklist
What Is a Migration?
“Migration” is the term we use to describe moving a customer from a “Classic” version of Website Pipeline or CIMcloud to the latest version of the CIMcloud platform. A Migration involves deploying a new CIMcloud platform (with your add-on features / bundles enabled), installing a second instance of the ERP sync tool, copying data and images / files from your existing classic platform to the new platform, and then supporting you as you complete self-service implementation and go live steps. After go-live, your classic platform is shut down / removed and the classic instance of your ERP sync tool is uninstalled (if applicable).