This Migration Orientation Checklist is intended to guide and align everyone involved in your project to migrate from a “Classic” version of Website Pipeline or CIMcloud to the latest version of the CIMcloud platform. All critical business and technical people, that will be involved in (or responsible / accountable for) getting you migrated to (and live on) the new CIMcloud platform, should complete the checklist below.
Migration Orientation Checklist
Read each of these articles (and watch any associated videos) to complete the Migration Orientation.
This part of the checklist helps you get up to speed on CIMcloud and some general best practices.
- Review the Overview of the CIMcloud Platform (and watch videos linked to each major area)
- Review the Program, Project(s), Platform, and Solution (PPPS) Framework
- Understand and Assign the Roles that Apply to Your CIM Program and Projects
- Bonus: Understand The 5 Critical Roles (“Hats”) * that apply to CIM projects (like migrations)
- Bonus: See All Roles (Job Functions) * that are involved in an overall CIM program
- Bonus: Use this tool to Complete Your CIM Team Org Chart (Assign People to Job Functions) *
- Note: The 3 key roles you must fill for a migration project are 1) Program Manager *, 2) Project Manager *, and 3) Lead Implementer *.
- Read and understand How CIMcloud Teams Are Organized
- Review and understand the Ways You Can Get Help
- Review Using the Customer Self-Service Portal (called “Extranet”)
- Review How to Submit a Support Task (via Extranet)
* Warning: The “Bonus” articles marked with a * above were written for brand new CIMcloud implementation projects (not migration projects). They are listed here because the basic content applies and is helpful, but the specific references to steps/tasks and related (linked) articles do not directly apply to migration projects.
This part of the checklist helps you learn best practices and what to expect on your migration project.
- Review the Reasons Classic Customers Migrate to the Latest Version of CIMcloud
- Read The Overall Migration Process (From Reserving Your Spot to Going Live)
- Read Key Things To Expect On Your Migration Project So Your Team Can Avoid Surprises
- Read the Extra Work on Migrations So You Can Make Better Decision On What’s In Scope
- Read & Understand the Factors that Impact Your Migration Lead-time
- Understand How CIMcloud Sets Your Target Start Date and What You Can Start On Now
- Understand the Content Management Time Periods Your Site Operators Will Need to Plan For
- Understand Your Go Live Business Risks and How to Mitigate Them