This article provides information on configuring your SPF record to allow CIMcloud email servers to send email on behalf of your domain.
About SPF Records
A Sender Policy Framework (SPF) record identifies what email servers are allowed to send email on behalf of your domain. Receiving email servers check your SPF record to verify the email is actually coming from you (to protect against spoofing and phishing). Configuring an SPF record for your domain can help prevent CIMcloud system emails from getting marked as spam.
There are several helpful online tools that provide more information on SPF records, including tools you can use to lookup your current SPF record. For example, https://mxtoolbox.com/spf.aspx.
Configure Your SPF Record
Your SPF record is typically hosted with your domain name provider where you setup your DNS settings. To allow CIMcloud email servers to send email on behalf of your domain, add the following value:
If you’re currently using email providers Office 365 or Google Business, you will also need to add additional includes:
- Google Business: include:_spf.google.com
- Office 365: include:spf.protection.outlook.com
An example SPF record could look like the following:
v=spf1 include:_spf.mycimcloud.com include:_spf.google.com ~all
If you are sending emails with other servers or 3rd party software, your SPF record may have additional includes.
Note: It can take up to 48 hours after updating/adding your SPF record for authentication to start working.
The following tips can help if you are experiencing issues with emails getting delivered to you or your customers.
- Use an online tool like https://mxtoolbox.com/spf.aspx to confirm there are no errors in your SPF record
- Verify your SPF record is for the domain you are using as the “from email address” on your CIMcloud system emails.
- In the Worker Portal Settings Workspace, navigate to Customer Site Settings, edit your customer site, and then click Emails.
- The “From Address” domain should have an SPF record configured
- Note: older versions of the platform may have Email Settings under System-Wide Settings
- Make sure your domain has only one SPF record
Still experiencing issues with emails sent from your CIMcloud application? Our Support Team is happy to help, just submit a ticket in Extranet.